.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

November Challenge : 30 dishes in 30 days


A year ago I took a couple of cookery courses (Italian, French & Thai) & these helped me to broaden my cooking horizons somewhat.

I like to cook but I think that I lack cooking confidence....I need to be more adventurous.

So....in a bid to accomplish this, this month I am setting myself a 
"30 Dishes in 30 Days
challenge for November.

Cooking 30 dishes that I have never cooked before - they will range from main courses to side dishes to desserts & will also be seasonal - some delicious stews, soups & pies.

I have chosen around 15 of the dishes already & have others in mind.

When I did my cookery courses last year, the lovely people at Philips very kindly sent me the most amazing food processor, so I'll be making full use of that....
and I am also trying out the fabulous Vitamix Total Nutrition Center which can be used to make everything from peanut butter to ice cream to soup.

If you have a great recipe that you'd like to share, feel free to let me know or send me a link.
    My family eats pretty much anything & we don't have any allergies.


I spent yesterday browsing our extensive collection of recipe books (some of them seemingly untouched!) , stocking up my fridge & food cupboards & cannot wait to get cooking. My daughter is also going to join in the challenge, she's chosen five dishes and will try them out throughout the month.   

Now I just need to decide what to cook first :) 

Want to join me?
My plan is below....let me know if you want to join me, I'd love that!
The only rule is that it has to be a dish you've never cooked before. 
You could adapt some of the choices if you're not heading into winter like I am :)

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...