.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

"30 Dishes in 30 Days" Cooking Update



Just a little update on my cooking challenge for November....
"30 Dishes in 30 Days"

It's been a huge amount of fun as well as being absolutely delicious.

My main rule is to only cook dishes that I have never attempted before.

I would say that one of the keys to my success this first week has been planning....I did a huge shop last week, having planned my first 10 or so dishes, and apart from a couple of things not turning up in my online food shop, planning ahead has helped me enormously.

Exploring some of my previously unopened cookery books & using new ingredients has been fantastic!! 

Best of all, I am simply really enjoying cooking :)



I have used my fabulous Vitamix blender for several dishes - soup & ice cream - but otherwise I have cooked everything from scratch myself.



So, it's Day 8 today and so far I've cooked 12 dishes - so far so good!

Everything has been very well received by my family & there is possibly only one dish that I wouldn't try again....no disasters yet!

Favourites so far include Cinnamon buns from "Say It With Cake" by Edd Kimber....
and Balsamic Onion & Roasted Goats Cheese Tart which is a recipe from my lovely friend S.

Today's dish is pasta so I'm making Jamie Oliver's "Broccoli & Pesto Tagliatelle"


Nutella-stuffed cookies as mentioned here in "Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever"


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...