.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

By Invitation Only....Why I Blog



Last month I was invited to join a group of bloggers around the world in writing about a theme chosen each month by Splenderosa who started the group.

The theme - or thought - for this month is "blogging"...the idea was that we should nominate a blog that we love or admire.

I thought that actually I'd like to talk about blogging itself and what it means to me - also I couldn't possibly choose one blog since I enjoy so many.

I've been blogging for almost three & a half years and it's probably not an exaggeration to say that it's changed my life.



Blogging has been a gift to me really - a very lovely surprise gift - and to be honest I never cease to be amazed by where it has brought me today.

I put a lot of positivity & energy into writing and creating my blog - and that's exactly what I get back.

It's been a wonderful lesson to me of getting back what you put in.

I read a great variety of blogs but what attracts me to many of them - to my favourites - is that whatever they are talking about, I can always hear the blogger's voice.

I feel that it's really important to retain an integrity and a familiarity - that, for me, is what connects the writer to the reader.

I like a voice that I can recognise & connect with, regardless of what is being discussed or written about.

There are a handful of blogs that I've followed since I first became a blogger and the above applies to absolutely all of them.

The world of blogging is an interesting & multi-layered one and I think everyone gets different things from it.

When you read a blog for a long period of time, you tend to focus on the person behind the blog as well as the content - for me, it's the same as reading a book by a favourite author or a monthly magazine column by a writer that you particularly like & look forward to.



Blogging has given me the chance to do many things I never thought I'd get to do.
I've grown & learned a great deal about myself.
I've challenged myself.
I've honestly got to know myself better.
I've changed my views & my tastes.

Blogging has given me a voice....
it's me given opportunity....
it's given me clarity.

My blog is a space for me, it's something I'm really proud of & that I love.

It's a place to dream, inspire, write, share and talk.....and to connect with others.

It's been a totally positive thing....with a sense of both community & support.

For me, it is simply a thing of great happiness.

Jackie from the beautiful blog Home has also written today as part of this group - she also didn't choose one blog to focus on...like me she couldn't. 

Instead she just said to take a look at her blog sidebar because there you could find all her favourites....

I shall copy her & say the same thing.
All the blogs that I followed when I started out are all still there....

Cathi, Tracy, Liz, Jackie, Amanda, Louise, Nikki, Meredy, Misty, Becky, Dustjacket, Lori & Kim  

Enjoy!


   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...