.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Mojo - Finding Contentment....


I think contentment is HARD.

Such a simple concept, and yet the thing that seems the trickiest to get a handle on in any consistent fashion.

I think being grateful and approaching life with an attitude of thankfulness helps a lot, and I sometimes have to take myself to task and remind myself how lucky I am when I'm having a down day or a shitty moment.

I have a cosy little home, things I love around me, a wonderful family, supportive friends, and a cool cat! I get to do things I enjoy (read, sing, perform, decorate, design, write), and I'm free to express who I am in a way that makes me happy.

Sure I don't have a big mansion, heaps of money, a glamorous car, a wardrobe full of expensive clothes and too many pairs of shoes to count....... but I am SO lucky to have what I do.

And, it is enough.

And, when I sometimes feel it isn't enough, I think that's more an indication of a part of me that's not being fulfilled in relation to my heart and soul, rather than permission to go out and get more stuff to try and fill the void. (Although, a little bit of shopping therapy does happen on occasion!)

Do you struggle with contentment?

Let's hope we all find some this week, and may your mojo be with you!

Linda. xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...