.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ina's wings

Man food was the theme on New Year's Day, numbing football on all day so we tried Ina's chicken wings from her Barefoot Contessa Family Style cookbook, released in 2002.




 I say "we" because husband needed to separate the wings which I find disgusting, that is the most time consuming part of making wings at home. Homemade wings are so much better than sports bars because they are not deep fried. I usually bake them but Ina's recipe calls for broiling them for 8 minutes or so on each side. So much faster and the broiling creates beautiful caramelization. I added much more Frank's hot sauce than her recipe calls for, the only change I made. The men loved Ina's wings, very moist and succulent! After flipping through several of her cookbooks yesterday, she has a ton of man food recipes. This will make husband and son happy as I venture through Ina's cookbooks this year. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...