.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Monday Mojo - Are You Sitting Still?...


Often times I need to remind myself that just because I've made a decision about something, or I think I'm on the right track.... if I don't actually DO something to take action about it.... then it's probably just as bad as not being on the right track anyway!

This harks back to books like 'The Secret' that seem (I admit I haven't read the actual book) to propose that merely visualising a dream, or writing down a list of what you want to manifest, will magically cause it to appear as if some dream fairy swooped down and sprinkled instant gratification sparkle dust all over your life!

Critics of books like 'The Secret' suggest that of course none of your wishes/dreams will actually happen unless you take some type of forward motion or action towards what you want (other than just thinking about it of course!).

I have to say I agree whole-heartedly with them. Getting off your backside and actually DOING something walks all over just thinking or writing about it.

That being said, according to Dave Kohl, a professor at Virginia Tech in America, people who regularly write down their goals earn nine times as much over their lifetimes as people who don't. Yet, says Prof. Kohl, 80% of Americans don't write down their goals. Sixteen percent do have goals but don't write them down. Less than four percent do write them down, and fewer than one percent actually review them on an ongoing basis. (This info taken from my copy of the book 'Where Will You Be Five Years From Today?')

Imagine then, the small amount of people who actually write them down, review them.... and DO something about them.

This week I'm going to challenge myself to get my 'goals folder' out of the cupboard (yes, I really do have one with different categories and lists, a lot of which have to do with things I want to do around my home), blow the dust off it, and then see what I can actually DO about some of them.... even if it's only baby steps.

Time to stop sitting still.

I hope you have a happy and productive week!

And, as always on a Monday....'may your mojo be with you'!

Linda. xox

******

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...