.

Monday, January 23, 2012

I've Waited and Waited - The Song I Can Finally Share With You...

Since this blog began (quite a few years ago now), there's been one song.... one single song, that I've always wanted to share with you.

For a great long while however, naughty You Tube wouldn't let me embed the clip here... it said the embedding feature was disabled 'at the artist's request'. Gotta respect that.

Every now and again I'd go back and listen to this song, drink in the words, look at all the little 'secret signs' the video seems to have just for me.... and sigh (and sometimes have a sniffle as well).

Today I went for my semi-regular listen, thinking that I was going to bloody well write this post anyway because the song is so freaking important to me, and I'd just post a text link to the actual video. I was going to do my first ever picture-less post.... just words and a link. Whilst I was there, just for the heck of it (I'd given up doing this a while back), I clicked on the 'embed' button.

Oh. My. Goodness..... up popped an embed code.

Eeeeeeeeeek! Are you kidding! I can now embed the original of my favourite Pete Murray song (thanks VEVO and of course Pete), with all its truly significant words (to me), and the pictorial symbolism that triggers so much for me.

If you know me well you know that trees are a very meaningful part of my life. See the tree in the video? I almost lived in a tree much like that for a long time. So many cherished memories. That is my perfect tree.

And the butterfly on the lamp and on his wrist (not only is it a butterfly on his wrist... it's the 'right' butterfly), well, you know what I think about them. Their significance is VERY close to my heart.

And, the scene when he pulls down the wall and you can see that tree, across a golden field, in the sunset... well.... this post is connected very closely to the feel that scene gives me. I'm sure that memory is one of the main reasons I decorate using the colours I do in my own home.

Plus he writes on his walls and has quotes around the place (know anyone who does that?). And, he sticks his photos higgledy piggledy around the place (blu-tac is my favourite decorating secret weapon!).

At 2.35 mins you get a good look at the flocked wallpaper.... nice and rich and baroque looking. I've got a bit of a thing for that sort of wallpaper..... notice a 'shout out' to it anywhere around here???

All in all, this song, this video, these words, those images......... they turn me inside out just a little bit.

To most people it's probably just a laid back, pretty simple type of song.

To me... it's a revelation.

Hope you like it.



And so it goes another lonely day

Your savin' time but your miles away
Your fly was drownin' in some bitter tea
For seeing lost opportunity

Find your mirror go and look inside
And see the talent you always hide
Don't go kidd yourself well not today
Satisfaction's not too far away

Hold on now your exit's here
It's waiting just for you
Don't pause too long
It's fading now
It's ending all too soon.... you'll see

Soon, you'll see...

Your coffee's warm but your milk is sour
Life is short but you're here to flower
Dream yourself along another day
Never miss opportunity

Don't be scared of what you cannot see
Your only fear is possibility
Never wonder what the hell went wrong
Your second chance may never come along

Hold on now your exit's here
It's waiting just for you
Don't pause too long
It's fading now
It's ending all too soon.... you'll see

Soon, you'll see

Hold on now your exit's here
It's waiting just for you
Don't pause too long
It's fading now
It's ending all too soon... you'll see

Soon, you'll see [x5]

Linda. xox

******

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...