.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Important Date!


I have always wanted to create a "Family Rules" sign like I saw on the blog "Between You and Me". I still want to create my own family rules sign, but in the meantime, I used the same process to create some wedding gifts for some friends. I love the way they turned out so much that I am going to make one for Nate and I!

Here is how I did it....
Step 1: Take a board or wood canvas (I was able to find this premade wood canvas at Michaels) and stain it with wood stain.
 Step 2: Paint the front of the wood canvas with a shade of white (I used "Antique White")
Step 3: Use a stencil or a cutout to trace your design (this is where my Cricut comes in handy!).
 Step 4: Paint the design with black acrylic paint.

Step 5: With fine sand paper, sand the entire area until you have your desired look. :) Tada!


Linked up!
beneath my heart A Crafty Soiree IhookedupwithHoHlamespice



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...